The Sun, the Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn and the two shadow planets Rahu and Ketu constitute the Navagrahas. The Nine “grahas” or planets in our horoscope control our karma, our desires and their outcomes.Each of these nine planets exerts an influence in our lives, which is called “Dasha” and it can be known from one’s horoscope. Navagraha Puja is undertaken to reduce the negative effects and improve the positive energies related to a person.In this Puja all the nine planets will be worshiped.
Importance of Navagraha Puja
Navagraha is a combination of two words- “Nava” and “Graha”. Nava means nine and Graha means planets. Thus, Navagraha collectively means nine planets. As per Vedic astrology, these nine planets have an important impact on our lives, and the positions of these planets influence our actions and reactions to different situations. The nine planets are Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Jupiter and two shadow planets named as Rahu and Ketu. Each of these planets affects our lives and its influence is known as “Dasha”.
Navagraha Puja is done to combat with the negative effects that these planets have on lives and to improve the positive impacts at the same time. Navagraha Puja helps the people to get positive energy, courage and confidence to face the difficult situations of the life. When Navagraha Puja is done for these nine planets, their negative influences are diluted and a new energy is infused among the people, which is full of peace and prosperity. When done according to the detailed rituals, the Navagraha Puja helps the individuals to attain good health, prosperity, wealth and knowledge as they are blessed by these planets.
Homa is the fire ritual related to the Navagraha Puja. It is a powerful spiritual practice which gets converted into a meditation technique when performed with devotion. The Puja attendants are invoked to the cosmic energy which they can visualize in fire. Thus, it is the fire through which the offerings are offered to the deity. However, it is not only the doshas that are controlled by the Navagraha Homa, but the place where Homa is performed and the people who attend it are also blessed and benefited from it. Navagraha Homa helps the individuals to attain spiritual growth.
However, let us give a brief explanation that how each graha influences our body and mind.
• Sun: Sun, the most powerful living God, is known for bestowing good health and prosperity.
• Moon: Moon rules over our mind and helps us to get success in our lives.
• Mars: Mars is known for giving prosperity and wealth. Mars is considered as a God of martial character and is red in every aspect.
• Mercury: Named as Budh, Mercury is considered as the planet of knowledge. It bestows wealth and wisdom on the devotees.
• Jupiter: Jupiter is named as Guru and is known for giving the education and knowledge. It bestows a cure from all ailments, helps the individual to get rid of negative emotions and provides strength to deal with difficult situations.
• Venus: It bestows wealth, long life, happiness and good education. It gives the knowledge or music and art.
• Saturn: Ruled by Lord Yama, Saturn gives happiness to the devotees and helps them to reach certain positions in his life.
• Rahu: This planet makes us strong from mind and spirit. It has the power to convert Enemies into friends.
• Ketu: Ketu grants good health and all round prosperity for the devotee’s family. It has the power to remove all the ill effects that arises due to poisonous matter in one’s body.
Benefits of Navagraha Puja:
1.It helps for getting blessings from Nine Planets to ensure your success in all endeavors by reducing obstacles.
2.The person who is suffering from Misfortunes.
3.Getting obstacles again and again and not getting the desired results in spite of the repeated efforts.
5.Navagraha Homam provides methods for recovering from bad effects such as Depressions,Sadness and Illness to step up in a healthy, wealthy and prosperous life.
6.Favorable situations in all your endeavors.